Avoid Bin Rage!
Our drivers empty more than 30,000 bins each day. Sometimes mistakes can occur. But by working together, we can ensure that your domestic waste, recyclables and garden and food organics are collected and managed appropriately.
To ensure your bins are emptied correctly and on your collection day, you need to:
- put bins out before 7am on the day of pick-up;
- face each bin in the right direction Ė that is, wheels towards the house;
- try to keep a metre clear around each bin;
- place the right material in the right bin. Remember recyclable items go in the yellow-lidded recycling bin. Domestic, or household rubbish goes in the red lidded 140-litre rubbish bin. Garden and food organics go in your 240 litre garden and food organics bin, which must display a sticker that is clearly visible to the driver.
- keep your bins clear of parked cars;
- be sure rubbish is not packed too tightly;
- donít overfill. If the lid is not closed, it is likely to spill when emptied.
For further information or bin collection calendars, ring NAWMA on the freecall number 1800 111 004 (note fees may apply for mobiles) or (08) 8259 2100.